The saree is a beautiful and versatile piece of clothing that can be worn in many different ways. Though it is most commonly associated with India, the saree is actually worn in many other countries as well. There are several different types of sarees, each with its own unique style and history. In this blog post, we will explore the different types of Indian traditional sarees and how to wear them. From the classic cotton saree to the more modern georgette saree, there is a style for everyone. So whether you’re looking for a new outfit for a special occasion or just want to learn more about this fascinating piece of clothing, read on!
The Different Types Of Indian Traditional Saree
The saree is a traditional Indian garment that can be traced back to the Indus Valley Civilization. The saree is a strip of unstitched cloth, typically six to eight yards long, that is draped around the body in various styles. The different types of Indian traditional saree are:
1. The Bandhani Saree: The Bandhani saree is a type of saree that originates from the state of Rajasthan. It is made by tie-dyeing the fabric in various colors and patterns.
2. The Kanjeevaram Saree: The Kanjeevaram saree is a type of saree that originates from the state of Tamil Nadu. It is made of silk and is decorated with gold and silver thread work.
3. The Sambalpuri Saree: The Sambalpuri saree is a type of saree that originates from the state of Odisha. It is made of cotton or silk and is decorated with embroidery work.
4. The Assam Silk Saree: The Assam silk saree is a type of saree that originates from the state of Assam. It is made of silk and has intricate designs woven into it using a special loom called the “jamdani”.
5. The Lehariya Saree: The Lehariya saree is a type of saree that originates from the state
How to Wear a Saree
The saree is a traditional Indian garment that can be worn in a variety of ways. There are many different types of sarees, each with its own unique style and design.
Wearing a saree is not as difficult as it may seem. With a little practice, you will be able to wear your saree with ease and confidence. Here are a few tips on how to wear a saree:
1. Choose the right saree for your body type. Not all sarees will look good on every body type. If you are not sure which type of saree will suit you best, ask for help from a friend or family member who knows about such things.
2. Wear a slip or underskirt beneath your saree. This will help to keep the fabric in place and prevent it from slipping off your body.
3. Drape the saree around your body, starting from the waist. Once the fabric is draped, bring it up over your shoulder and secure it in place with pins or clips.
4. The final step is to tuck the loose end of the fabric into the waistband of your skirt or pants. This will ensure that the fabric stays in place and does not come undone during wear.
The Different Types of Saree Blouses
Saree blouses come in a variety of different styles, each with their own unique benefits. Here are a few of the most popular types:
1. The Halter Neck Blouse: This type of blouse is perfect for those who want to show off their shoulders. It is also very comfortable to wear, making it a great choice for everyday wear.
2. The Boat Neck Blouse: This blouse is perfect for those who want to create the illusion of a larger bust. It is also a great choice for those who want to show off their collarbones.
3. The V-Neck Blouse: This blouse is perfect for those who want to create the illusion of a smaller bust. It is also a great choice for those who want to show off their cleavage.
4. The Spaghetti Strap Blouse: This blouse is perfect for those who want to show off their shoulders and back. It is also a great choice for those who want to wear a saree without a dupatta.
How to Choose the Right Saree for Your Body Type
When it comes to choosing the right saree for your body type, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to know what kind of saree will best flatter your figure. Second, you need to think about what kind of occasion you’ll be wearing the saree for. And third, you need to make sure that the saree is comfortable and easy to wear.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the right saree for your body type:
If you have a petite frame, then go for a saree that has a lot of embellishments or intricate designs. This will add volume to your look and make you appear taller. Avoid wearing heavy fabrics such as silk or brocade as they will only make you look shorter.
If you have a plus-size figure, then choose a saree that is made of lighter fabric such as chiffon or georgette. These fabrics will help camouflage any extra weight and will also make you feel more comfortable. Go for prints and patterns that are not too busy as they will only make you look larger. And avoid wearing sarees that are too tight as they will only highlight your problem areas.
If you have an hourglass figure, then lucky you! This means that almost any kind of saree will look great on you. However, if you want to accentuate your curves, then go for a saree that is cin
Tips for Wearing a Saree
Sarees are a traditional Indian garment that can be worn in a variety of ways. Here are some tips for wearing a saree:
- Wear a petticoat or underskirt to support the saree and keep it in place.
- Fold the saree in half lengthwise and drape it over your shoulder, making sure the pleats fall in the front.
- Tuck the end of the saree into your waistband, and then bring the other end over your shoulder, tucking it in at the back.
- Adjust the saree so that it is tight around your waist and falls smoothly over your hips.
- Make sure the pallu, or decorative end of the saree, falls over your left shoulder.